close

Mr Macaroni goes to court over Lekki tollgate arrest

Social media comedian and actor Mr Macaroni has opened up about his ordeal with the police during the #EndSARS protest in Lagos.

The 28-year-old actor made this known in a series of tweets on Sunday.

“When I was at Adeniji police station, the police officers took turns to beat me up. They were even calling themselves to come and beat ‘Mr Macaroni’.

“They said in my life when next I hear police, I will run! One said if not that people would ask about me, he would have killed me,” the comedian said.

“That very day, I swore never to stop using my platform to call out the evil that the Police do. If they can do that to someone people know, imagine what they do to hundreds of thousands of unknown Nigerians. We are in court though. We filed since last month.

Aluta Continua,” he added.

Some Nigerians shared their own horrendous experiences in the comment section of his post.

“Omo when in 2019 when I left VI to CMS. I was stopped and asked to get into a shuttle, I refused. Na so them drag me enter the bus. Hand cuffed me and a pistol pointing at me, searched me and planned on incriminating me when they found nothing on me. Can’t forget that incidence,” one Twitter user @OdogwuAchina wrote.

Born Debo Adebayo, Mr Macaroni has become well known for his activism since the #EndSARS protest last year.

READ :  Déby's death deals huge blow to fighting insurgency, says Buhari

Leave a Reply

Enable Notifications    OK No thanks