close

Jangebe abduction will be the last – Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari has assured that last Friday’s abduction of female students from Government Girls Science Secondary School, Jangebe, Zamfara State will be the last to happen.

The president’s statement was relayed on Sunday through the minister of aviation Hadi Sirika who led a Federal Government delegation to sympathise with the people and government of Zamfara over the incident.

He said new measures had been developed which would bring complete end to all forms of criminality in the nation.

He said: “The president is saddened by the abduction of the students from Jangebe and reassures you that the government has all the resources and wherewithal to contain these criminals.

Soso Soberekon Survives Car Accident

“Buhari also commended Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara’s efforts against armed banditry and promised a continued support to bringing lasting peace.

“The Federal Government will continue its partnership with Zamfara government and its citizens in resolving the security challenges facing the state.”

In his response, Matawalle appreciated the efforts of Buhari and the Federal Government.

“I strongly believe in the president and his effort in fighting all forms of insurgence and urge him to improve on the nation’s security.

”This is by ensuring synergy among the security agencies so that confrontations with criminals can be coordinated on ground and air simultaneously,” the governor said.

Other members of the delegation were the minister of police affairs Maigari Dingyadi, minister of humanitarian affairs and disaster management Sa’adiya Umar-Faruk and minister of women affairs Pauline Tallen.

READ :  Lagos govt re-imposes restrictions on worship centres, bans public gatherings over spike in COVID-19 cases.

Leave a Reply

Enable Notifications    OK No thanks